Here at Community Covenant Church, we have a heart for worship. We worship in song, scripture, message, and prayer. God’s Word is the foundation in each of these forms of worship. When we gather, we come to give our hearts and minds to God and respond to God’s work in our midst. By worshipping and connecting with God, we hope to help people become more like Jesus.
How We Worship
In our worship services, both contemporary praise music and traditional hymns are used. We cherish both styles of music as each offers a unique way to meet with God. We also encourage writers in our church to bring original music to our service. The praise team’s motto is:
Sing to him a new song; play skillfully, and shout for joy!
Our praise team leads the congregation in worship. This is not a performance by the group, but the congregation joins us in offering our songs, prayers, and readings to the Lord. We encourage creativity, diversity, and authenticity in our worship to help us experience a deep connection with God.
Our sound and video teams also work with newer technology to help create moments where you can meet with God. They are integral to our Sunday morning services as they keep the sound levels comfortable and provide lyrics and message points on the video screen.
God never intended his people to live the Christian life alone. Come check out a small group or any of our other opportunities available for adults.
Some ways to get connected are:
- Adult Sunday School: Held every Sunday between Labor Day and Memorial Day at 9:00 a.m.
- Men's Ministry: Men's breakast meets on the first Saturday of the month during the school year.
- Small Groups: We have a variety of small groups that meet in homes throughout the week. Small groups are a great way to experience community, encouragement and spiritual growth.
- Special Events: A variety of events happen throughout the year. These events are a great way to meet new people and have an enjoyable time.
- Spiritual Gifts Workshop: A discovery class to help you find your ideal place of service in the church.
- Strengths Finder: Online assessment to help people uncover their talents and applying strategies for using your strengths.More info »
- Women's Ministry: Thursday morning Bible study meets every Thursday morning at 9:30 a.m.
- Evening Small Group geared specifically towards women meets periodically throughout the year. More info »
- Library: The Community Covenant Church self-service library is located adjacent to Administrative Assistants office, and is available to members and active attendees.
Please contact the church for more information on any of these ministries.
- Sunday School: Pre-K through 5th grade meet every Sunday at 9 a.m. from Labor Day through Memorial Day. We use a wonderful curriculum called Faithweaver, in which every class hears the same story, the same bible point, and the same memory verse.
- Kid's Church: Kids, Pre-K through 5th grade, meet for the full hour of worship time at 10:30 for age-appropriate music, prayer, and message.
- Nursery: Our nursery is located to the left of the main entrance. It is a safe, fun, brightly colored place with age-appropriate toys, books, puzzles, crafts, etc. All babies, newborn through age 3, are welcome to come and play with one of our experienced, background checked volunteers during the 9 or 10:30 hour.
- Mid Week Children's Ministry program: K-5th grade meet Wednesdays at 6:30p.m. September-May. Our curriculum this year is TeamKID. Our night is full of activities, prayer, bible story, memorize bible verses, sing, play games and have snack time. We invite you to join us and bring a friend!
- Vacation Bible School: Pre-K through 5th grade. June 24-June 28, 6:00 - 8:15 p.m. Registration is due by Monday, June 17. You may click here to download the registration form.
*Youth Group 6th-12th grades
We have a busy fun schedule. We invite you to join us Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m.
We start the evening with games and announcements, then break out into small groups for bible study.
Our fall schedule is located on the home page. We look forward to seeing you!