Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.
Do you enjoy meeting new people? Have a great handshake? Perhaps the Greeters, Meeters, Seaters (GMS) ministry would be the place for you. As a GMS you get to welcome our Sunday morning guests and answer any questions they may have about Community Covenant. The Welcome Center is also another place for smiling faces to serve. For more information on helping with this ministry please contact Susan Ruth, Congregational Care Chair.
Does a room full of little kids sound scary to you? If so this might not be the place for you! On the other hand if a room full of laughing active children makes you smile then this might be the place to plug in. There are many service opportunities available such as:
- Sunday School and Kid’s Church teachers, helpers and substitute teachers
- Mid Week Children's MInistry teachers, helpers, games
- Vacation Bible School teachers, helpers, games, worship and snacks
Contact the church office for additional information.
They were continually devoting themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.
There are many service opportunities for Adult Education:
- Group Fellowship Coordinator
- Small Group Facilitator
- Adult Christian Education Committee member
- Adult Sunday School Teacher
- Adult Wednesday evening Teacher
Please contact the church for more information on serving in any of these areas.
Volunteers take care of the church building and grounds from physical maintenance to landscaping. Contact Jerry Brown
Interested In Serving?
As members of God’s family, we all have talents we have been given to use to advance God’s Kingdom. If you feel you are gifted as:
- a vocalist
- dramatic artist
- or have knowledge of technology, please contact us.
We would love to meet with you and help you find a home to serve the Lord.
Contact John Sandberg Worship Director.
If you love books, consider this an open invitation to any church member or attendee to become involved in managing the library or assisting in maintenance and improvement. The Library is maintained by Jo Ann Eldridge.
Contact Jo Ann Eldridge for more information or you’d like to volunteer to serve in this area.
Our mission is simple. Jesus said,
Jesus replied: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind." This is the first and greatest commandment.
- Food Pantry: We support the Kearney Food Pantry through monetary and food donations.
- International Missionaries: We sponsor a Covenant Missionary family who are currently serving in the Congo with their three children. You can read their blog at blogs.covchurch.org/ekstrand. See the bulletin board in the lobby for photos and information.
- Mission trips to Honduras: We have an ongoing relationship with a church called Linage Escogido in La Villa de San Antonio Honduras. This is a village of approximate 5,000 people. The focus of the ministry is a Community Senior Center which feeds the elderly once per week and a Childrens Feeding Center. This also includes another Childrens Feeding Center and Kindergarten in the neighborhood of San Nicolas. Multiple mission trips will be planned yearly.
- Ministry in Alaska: We presently have a part time missionary serving with the KICY radio station in Nome, AK. KICY not only serves Alaska but reaches in to Russia.
- Covenant Kids Congo: We are participating with the joint effort of the Covenant denomination and World Vision to sponsor children in the Congo, South Africa. Presently 18 children have been sponsored.
- Holy Smoke BBQ and Entertainment is our annual gift to the community. There are an abundance of ways to get involved with the Holy Smoke event.
To get involved in any of our outreach opportunities, contact Jean Mitts.
The Fellowship team organizes, caters and does table décor for church events.
Contact Karen Walcher or Sandy Lay for more information or if you’d like to help in this area.